RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION OF ADULTS (RCIA)
- The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) names the process by which interested persons gradually become members of the Roman Catholic Church.
- RCIA is primarily a journey of faith from the awareness of stirring the faith and curiosity within one’s heart to a life of faith, love, and justice lived in communion with Catholics throughout the world.
- To initiate others into living the Christian life in the Catholic tradition.
Director of Adult Faith Formation/RCIA
- Sister Carolyn Severino, 203 387 7119, [email protected]
- The minimum age requirement is 18 years of age.
- Participants in the RCIA process meet on Sunday mornings after 9:30 am Mass from September through May.
Who may participate in the RCIA program?
- Unbaptized adults.
- Those baptized in a non-Catholic Christian Church who seek full communion with the Roman Catholic Church.
- Those baptized as Catholic, who have not received First Communion and Confirmation.
- If you would like to participate in the RCIA program or would like to gather additional information, please contact Sister Carolyn Severino
ADULT FAITH FORMATION PROGRAMS
LANDINGS: A reconciliation ministry of the Paulist Fathers, is a program that invites all Catholic parishes and communities to reach out to Catholics who have been away from the Church or who struggle in their relationship with God and the Church. In a welcoming and non-judgmental way, small groups of active lay Catholics join with returning or inactive Catholics to share their spiritual journeys and explore their Catholic faith.
Our Lady of the Assumption offers the Landings program for six weeks in the Fall (before Christmas) and six weeks in the Spring (before Easter).
Please contact Sr. Carolyn at the Parish Office if you or someone you know might be interested.
BOOK CLUB....will resume soon! Look for announcements in the bulletin about the next book club pic. Sr. Carolyn meets virtually and in person weekly to discuss books of interest for the group and ones that build on the faith of the Church. More members always welcomed!