Thinking about becoming a part of the Catholic faith?
If you are not baptized, OR a Catholic who is only baptized with no other sacraments, OR a member of another faith denomination—and have felt a call to take a look at the Catholic faith—then we have just the right place for you to look—
Assumption Parish on Sunday the 19th of September at 10:30 am in the Church Hall
Please join us for a casual, informative session explaining the RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults)—the process by which a person becomes a member and part of the Catholic faith and its community. The process of this journey is one of reflecting on the experiences of one’s life and connecting them with the experiences of the Scriptures along with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Come and see for yourselves what this journey has to offer YOU!
For more information, please contact Sr. Carolyn at 203-387-7119 or [email protected]
Watch the video below which explains the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION OF ADULTS (RCIA)
- The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) names the process by which interested persons gradually become members of the Roman Catholic Church.
- RCIA is primarily a journey of faith from the awareness of stirring the faith and curiosity within one’s heart to a life of faith, love, and justice lived in communion with Catholics throughout the world.
- To initiate others into living the Christian life in the Catholic tradition.
Director of Adult Faith Formation/RCIA
- Sister Carolyn Severino, 203 387 7119, [email protected]
- The minimum age requirement is 18 years of age.
- Participants in the RCIA process meet on Sunday mornings after 9:30 am Mass from September through May.
Who may participate in the RCIA program?
- Unbaptized adults.
- Those baptized in a non-Catholic Christian Church who seek full communion with the Roman Catholic Church.
- Those baptized as Catholic, who have not received First Communion and Confirmation.
- If you would like to participate in the RCIA program or would like to gather additional information, please contact Sister Carolyn Severino
ADULT FAITH FORMATION PROGRAMS
LANDINGS: A reconciliation ministry of the Paulist Fathers, is a program that invites all Catholic parishes and communities to reach out to Catholics who have been away from the Church or who struggle in their relationship with God and the Church. In a welcoming and non-judgmental way, small groups of active lay Catholics join with returning or inactive Catholics to share their spiritual journeys and explore their Catholic faith.
Our Lady of the Assumption offers the Landings program for six weeks in the Fall (before Christmas) and six weeks in the Spring (before Easter).
Please contact Sr. Carolyn at the Parish Office if you or someone you know might be interested.
BOOK STUDY RESUMES IN SEPTEMBER
Book Study – Beginning Friday, September 17th, from 10:00 – 11:15 am, there will be a six-week study/discussion of Pope Francis’ On Fraternity and Friendship. Based on his vision that we all need a community that supports and helps us, one in which we can help one another to keep looking ahead, we need to dream together, bringing the richness of our beliefs/convictions, with our own voice.
To register, contact Sr. Carolyn at 203-387-7119 or [email protected]
A JOURNEY THROUGH THE BIBLE is an eight-week introduction to the story of salvation consisting of DVD presentations and group discussions. The beginnings of the “history of love with humankind” by our God are recorded in Sacred Scripture and this history continues today in the life of the Church—and each of us is called by God to enter into that history.
Sessions begin MONDAY
6:30 – 8:00 pm
Please contact Sr. Carolyn at the office/[email protected] to register.
Beginning Wednesday, September 29, we will be hosting a monthly Senior Luncheon--JOY (Just for Older Youth) on the last Wednesday of each month. The daily 9:00 am Mass will be moved to 11:30 am that day and a light luncheon will follow in the Church Hall.
All “older youth” of our parish are invited to come together, enjoy one another’s company and a short presentation on life, love and laughter.